Tuesday 15 December 2015

Why the beef seriously ? Hilarious but serious conversation I had last night.


I'm gradually getting depressed and frustrated, no husband, no job and worst of I still live with my overbearing mother blurted my friend.

Chidinma is a graduate from one of the universities in the UK, from a well to do family and pretty intelligent. Chidinma fell in love with a yoruba dude while studying in Manchester and they both agreed to get married right after their service year but to her utmost surprise her father kicked against the marriage and it never saw the light of the day, what were his reasons for not accepting the young yoruba guy to marry his igbo daughter?

He simply said over his dead body will he see his daughter marry a yoruba guy giving a history of betrayal between the two nations dating way back. She had to let go as she virtually got no support from her immediate family.
She was made to understand since she is the Ada(first daughter) she must marry from her state but nowhere else.
Naija mom, where I go see better Anambra man for this we Lagos? Asked Chidinma. The ones one would find is either an apapa wharf tout, a motor spare parts dealer at ladipo,  the one counting and selling stock fish at mile 12 or a trader at idumota.

Haba! They must be other 'refined' igbo men working in good and reputable establishments in Lagos nau, I chipped in trying to encourage her.

Naija mom, the ones you believe that are refined are most arrogant and she concluded by saying you really can't find a refined igbo man he must have some stint of where he is from in him.
'' I seriously can't deal with a man who can't make a complete  sentence without adding a bit of igbo in it", said Chidinma.

I asked, how?

They begin with, Nne ke ki me?(my sister how are you?)
You answer appropriately with, "I'm fine".
They pick offence saying, leave godi that thing and ask again,  Ibu onye igbo? (are you igbo?)
Must I show my heritage every time? Biko apum aka! (please leave me)
They also believe when they take you out to "madam dishe's" joint they have done you a big favour, I mean those joint usually run by expired and over bleached   igbo women. Naija mom what happened to chinese and Italian restaurants for a date?

My dates are usually the loudest at this local pubs and they readily have their orders available. They call me babym at every slightest given opportunity and have you noticed Naija mom they all call their smart device hand sets or gsm?
Seriously, Naija mom I can't deal with such local vibes for life.
This point I couldn't help but just laugh at her predicament.
This isn't a fictional story, I actually had this convo with my friend yesterday. Seriously, who has experienced this type of date and what's the real beef between these two nations?


32 comments:

  1. Hahahahahahaahahahahahahah I once had an igbo toaster, it was really funny anytime he called me babym and any pet names.and his highest groove was taking me to a bush bar for odeko and isiewu.. He was a very sweet man tho.. But I wasn't just digging his igbotic levels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same with this Chidinma girl, the nna things aint just cool.

      Delete
  2. It's a pity her dad didn't allow her marry her dream man because of tribe. I'm an Igbo woman married to a Yoruba man, and I can tell you that DH is the best thing that has ever happened to me. People should try and get over this beef between Igbos and Yorubas. We're ONE NIGERIA

    www.alabekee.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmnnnnnn - the travails of a single girl. She should not fret. Her man will show up sooner or later.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holdup! Naija Mom wait ooo
    Is this girl in any insinuating that there are no "refined" Igbo man in Lagos? Nne are you freaking kidding me? What sorta lie is this? Go and marry your yoruba man joor.. It's obvious she doesn't want an Igbo man to marry her, hence all these yeye story! Not all Igbo men are Illiterates. Stop the lie biko

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes there are very well correct tushed igbo guys in Lagos and even enugu or any remote igbo town... I guess the primitive ones are more than the tushed aje butter nnams

      Delete
    2. Gee you have said it all, the nna ones are all over.

      Delete
    3. i disagree with you.literate guys of every tribe are available in Lagos.This story sounds fictional and may have taken place solely on the bloggers mind.

      Delete
  5. don't be desperate the devil can us that against you. please hold your peace, pray and be still, the Lion of the Tribe of Judah will prevail!

    Shalom!

    THE ULTIMATE POWER OF SINGLEHOOD

    ReplyDelete
  6. lolz....its funny... i school in the east and trust me i've met many awesome igbo guys

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lolz very funny. She probably havent met the tush ones. Eyaaaaa I can imagine..

    Chincobee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg the conversation is hilarious, funniest do you know I love ibo boys heard they can go in rags for their wives to wear the expensive Clothings. But eerm where is your friend seeing those local nah she should change location, there are correct guys in Lagos. Nne, ogini nne keki nme .Lmao


    Www.bolatitoblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very right, Anambra especially. I know someone enjoying such privileges.

      Delete
    2. igbo kwenu!!!!!!!!!! naija mum pls r u frm Anambra?

      Delete
    3. My Dad is a typical example...
      Sotey,i prayed to get married to a man like him and God did it..

      Delete
    4. My Dad is a typical example...
      Sotey,i prayed to get married to a man like him and God did it..

      Delete
  9. I served in the east and had similar issues, I knew deep down that I aint taking any home to mama...lol
    I CAN'T stand ibo accents...jeez!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol. Funny conversation. Smh that up till now some parents will still fight their kids over tribe of partners. Its sad. These parents have lived their lives. Things are happening the best way to love your child is to support them and be there for them if things don't work out.Especially when they are adults.
    naijaflo.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I guessed she is a young girl and actually not ready to settle down...otherwise she would have appreciate those guys she tagged "local"...

    Hypocrazy of the highest order is when you live in Lagos, earn in Lagos, raised your personal your children in Lagos but when its time to give them out in marriage you claimed #betrayal#..

    Who is now betraying who?

    Naijamum...congratulations to your friend...I'm an Ibo man from Anambra...pls kindly connect us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tot u were northern. One Nigeria.... Am igbo too but biko ibu onye Anambra?

      Delete
    2. hmmmm...Uthman I doubt if you are igbo.

      Delete
  12. ALL ABOVE ME HAVE SAID IT ALL.... CHANGE IS PERMANENT AND CONSTANT SO ITS HER CHOICE NOW...


    you ever heard of krystal crush

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lool well, I'm a product of the two tribes and two states in question.
    I can marry from any continent.. That being said, the beef should be the Biafra thing..

    ReplyDelete
  14. She needs to go for a different kind of man then, change her circle or something.
    The type described above are igbo men I probably know exist but have thankfully never had the misfortune of meeting

    ReplyDelete

If you want your articles and stories to be featured on the blog please send an email to:mitchellesqueen@gmail.com