Saturday 18 July 2015

Finding the right one...

Hellloooo? what's  up readers? How's your Sallah break? I have slept better part of today, Chai! All the sleepless nights of almost 10yrs I must recover it within this week...lol.
When I woke up, I switched on my phone and so many mails and messages came pouring in. I got busy immediately and started reading through and replying the necessary ones. 

Nene my friend right from high school days sent a watsapp message telling me she was at my home earlier in the day‎, I decided i'd rather give her a call than reply the message.


Let me give a brief introduction on Nene, she was the rich, pretty, down to earth and intelligent kid in high school who at the snap of her fingers Daddy did everything for her. She attended a private university in Nigeria and proceeded straight to oversees to study for a masters degree. She returned a year after she rounded up her master's program and was able to secure a good job with the help of her Daddy. 

I called Nene‎ and when I explained to her where I was she said she came to my house with our mutual friend whom I haven't seen since we left school, I begged her to make about an hour drive to where I was lodged so we could all catch up on old times and she politely declined saying it was getting late and improper to leave the kids alone with a nanny when it's not an emergency. 

I reasoned along with her and settled we gist over the phone, I asked her if Bridget our mutual friend was eventually married and she said 'no'. When I probed further on what was delaying her from getting hitched that's Were Nene gave a brief tale on her situation.

Bridget would complain of everything when a potential suitor comes her way, either he is too short or too dark or how he is broke or doesn't like his line of profession. sometimes she'd just bluntly refuse without a reason. Friends gave up on Bridget's case and prayed she realizes Before  it's late. 

This got me thinking, does height, ‎skin colour or looks matter when choosing a spouse? What actually are the qualities one has to look out for in both sexes during ones better half search? 








If you want your articles and stories to be featured on the blog please send an email to:mitchellesqueen@gmail.com

6 comments:

  1. Well...I believe it's about personality...beauty must fade someday, hair must turn grey, wrinkles will appear on that once beautiful skin...so just go for someone you respect

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...I believe it's about personality...beauty must fade someday, hair must turn grey, wrinkles will appear on that once beautiful skin...so just go for someone you respect

    ReplyDelete
  3. The key more often than not, to avoid building castles in the air is to cast a spell (tThe fairytale sort of spell oh!! Not the Otumokpo sort of spell. LOL!!) on Mr or Miss Available and convert them into Mr or Ms Right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol@otumokpo....its good the unmarried ones understand actually there is nothing like the fairy tale happy ending.

      Delete
  4. i think girls get scared of commitment too... hence all dose plenty excuses.

    ReplyDelete

If you want your articles and stories to be featured on the blog please send an email to:mitchellesqueen@gmail.com